Sunday, January 23, 2011

New Favorite Appliance

For a long time I've used a coffee grinder to grind my own spices. It allows them to stay fresher and also allows me to pick how course or fine I want them to be. The grinder was always in the garage but now I keep it close at hand. I am grinding my own flours. I've been grinding my own brown rice. It's so much cheaper than buying it. I have also ground almond meal and cashews. I just put in a small amount and push to grind.

Yesterday I baked a chicken and cooked a few veggies with it. The rest I boiled in a saucepan with some chicken stock. Then I added brown rice flour and some of the cooked chicken to the veggies. It made a nice stew. This gluten free diet isn't bad. I'm feeling a lot better and I've even lost some weight too. Plus I still get to eat ice cream on occasions without feeling too guilty.

I definitely broke my ankle so it's going to be a little while before I get back to full cooking and recipes every day. I will try my best to keep the tips up and share great recipes and ideas here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment