Monday, August 22, 2011

30 pounds and lots of inches down!

Last week, I was out for a walk and decided to leave my purse in the car and just take my phone and keys with me. I put them in my pocket and my pants fell down. I'm so glad nobody saw me....how embarrassing! So now I have to get new clothes. So I went shopping. I discovered that I can wear a size 20 top (I was in a 2-3X, depending on the cut and style). My pants have gone down too. Still not where I want them to be but I'm working on it.

I'm so excited! When I weighed myself I couldn't believe my eyes. I've been on one kind of diet or another for forever. Add 1 wheat allergy, a gluten free diet, a little walking and Viola! Somebody said to me the other day about what I was going to do after I didn't need the gluten free diet anymore. What!? I'm staying on it. My skin is clear, I have energy, my mouth isn't burning, I no longer have GERD or IBS. No surgery. No meds for those either. I'm hoping that I can also get off insulin for my diabetes. It would be totally awesome if I could be a diet/exercise diabetic.

That hasn't happened yet but hopefully it will. For now, though, I will eat broccoli soup, beef stew made with tapioca flour, and lots of other tasty GF foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment