Saturday, July 23, 2011

Wedding Blues

Last night we went to a beautiful wedding. The venue was very nice and everything was gorgeous. The bride was stunning, the groom handsome. Just as it should be. We found our seats at the tables and waited for the wedding party to take photos. TONS of photos. They had a open bar and we got a soda and sat with other guests at our table and waited for food to arrive. A basket of bread, it smelled nice. I always have to smell before I pass it along. Then salad, all covered in Italian dressing. Sometimes dressing isn't safe but I was starving. The servers cleared the table and brought an assortment of dishes for us to pass, family style. There was pasta with red sauce, sliced turkey with gravy, stuffing, rice with peas and carrots, sausage with peppers, roasted potatoes and a veggie mix. I think it's called California Blend; carrots, cauliflower and broccoli. So I skipped the gravy, the stuffing, the pasta and the rolls. The potatoes were seasoned and I bet they had more wheat than the pasta. They also probably had red dye #40. It's the only thing that I can figure had it. They were red. I thought it was paprika. I may have been wrong. So, a few bites into dinner, I had to excuse myself. Then, when I returned, I had them clear my plate. A few minutes after that, we ended up leaving. I really would have enjoyed talking some more and maybe having a dance or 2 but it didn't work out. So for the next few days, I will have to go back to basics. Lots of water but no tea, sodas, etc. Steamed veggies, poached fish or chicken, and kefir. Basically no oil, spices or anything fun that I've added to my wheat free diet. I really hate watching what I eat and still having to do this because people put all these additives into our food.

No comments:

Post a Comment