Monday, February 7, 2011

Lunch is Served....


I'm so excited. I was able to go out to lunch with my family yesterday to a restaurant that offered things everybody wanted and wasn't a Chinese restaurant. We went to Third Coast Spice Cafe' in Chesterton, Indiana. The chef was very accommodating to my dietary needs. They have several bread options, including a gluten free bread. The taste? It was wonderful. I was so happy to have a sandwich that wasn't served on tasteless rice flour bread. My friend has given me a recipe that I can't wait to try. I'm hoping to make it later this week once I get the big cast off. Right now it's a little harder to get around the kitchen. So back to my lunch. Third Coast Spice Cafe offers cage free eggs. They utilize organics and local ingredients whenever possible. The food is fresh, looks great and tastes wonderful. I even caught my husband scraping his plate clean. I tried the Farmer's Market sandwich which had hummus and avocado as a spread instead of mayo. It had grilled fresh portabella mushrooms, fresh spinach and tomato. There were roasted red bell peppers and provolone cheese. I was in heaven. Side options were your choice of chips, French fries, or carrot sticks. I opted for the carrot sticks. They came along with a side of freshly prepared ranch dressing. I was also able to try out their Bloody Mary cream which is a tomato based mayo. It tasted faintly of blue cheese as well. I will definitely have to get that again. If anyone local wants to go try it out, I will be happy to meet you for lunch as soon as I can drive again. I've included a link to their menu. Trying a new place is nicer if you know what they serve ahead of time.All links are on the bottom of my blog. Just scroll down to view.

No comments:

Post a Comment